Performs and supervises aircraft electrical and environmental (E&E) functions activities. Troubleshoots, inspects, removes, installs, repairs, modifies, overhauls and operates aircraft systems, components and associated support equipment. The job holder is also responsible for the training and mentoring activities in respect to the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) employees.
INSPECTS, TROUBLESHOOTS AND MAINTAINS AIRCRAFT E & E SYSTEMS AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT:
(1) Inspects, troubleshoots and maintains Tornado aircraft E & E systems and components to include direct and alternating current power systems, landing gear, ignition, lighting, anti-skid and nose wheel steering systems; electronic engine controls; secondary power systems; master caution and warning panels; take off warning, flight controls, fire and overheat warning, fuel control and liquid cooling, air conditioning, cabin pressurization and aircraft oxygen systems.
(2) Inspects for and treats corrosion.
INSTALLS, TESTS, MODIFIES, REPAIRS AND OVERHAULS AIRCRAFT E & E SYSTEMS, COMPONENTS AND TEST EQUIPMENT:
(1) Installs, tests, modifies, repairs and overhauls aircraft electrical and solid state voltage regulators; control, protection, caution and warning panels; frequency and load controllers and anti-icing controllers; static and rotary inverters; nose wheel steering and anti-skid amplifiers; generators; actuators; relays; lighting equipment; fire detectors; motors and special equipment testers.
(2) Performs maintenance on mobile cryogenics servicing containers.
(3) Replaces, fabricates and modifies electrical wiring and connectors.
(4) Uses electrical, electronic and pneumatic meters and test equipment.
INSPECTS AND EVALUATES AIRCRAFT E & E SYSTEMS MAINTENANCE ACTIVITIES:
(1) Inspects aircraft E & E equipment, associated electronic components and test equipment to determine operational status.
(2) Interprets inspection findings and determines corrective actions.
(3) Checks and reviews installed and repaired components.
SUPERVISES TRAINEE AIRCRAFT E & E MAINTENANCE PERSONNEL:
(1) Plans and schedules work assignments.
(2) Establishes work methods, production controls and performance standards.
(3) Ensures availability of required maintenance equipment, tools and spare parts.
(4) Conducts on-the-job training.
The successful applicant will have an extensive amount of practical and progressive experience in his relevant trade and some of this will be on the fast jet aircraft.
He must have a thorough knowledge of QA (Quality Assurance) & training principles.
He must have a thorough knowledge of the systems relevant to his AFSC and a basic understanding of Tornado Systems in general.
He should be able to demonstrate his capacity for rapid and accurate diagnosis.
He should be able to demonstrate his ability to overcome obstacles and achieve results.
He should be able to demonstrate his ability for effective communications at all levels within the company and RSAF.
Must Hold a current Driving Licence
Will be a graduate of military school or equivalent